SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS FOR THE RENEWABLE ENERGY & WASTE TO ENERGY (WtE) SECTOR
Our innovative approach to craneage solutions for the renewable energy sector aims to reduce the number of lifts required, resulting in:
- Fewer cranes
- Accelerated programme to commercialisation
- Lower project costs, and
- Most importantly, the platform for improved safety, higher quality and ‘greener’ construction.
Scoped to suit the individual plant size and layout of each project, Marr's solutions support Designed for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) construction, offering:
- Increased capability to lift in:
- Steam drums as a single component, thus avoiding onsite welding, heat treatment & testing
- Headers complete and boiler tube banks in larger configurations reducing onsite welding & testing
- Turbine components
- Fewer cranes matched with smaller crane footprints releases laydown & onsite construction areas
- Complete site coverage with minimum impact on space.
Unique Features & Benefits:
- High lift capacity – capable of lifting 330T (M2480D), allowing upsized components, increased modularisation & more extensive offsite prefabrication & pre-assembly
- Long reach capability – boom lengths of up to 120m reducing the number of cranes required, removing site bottlenecks & reducing de-rigs & re-rigs
- Small base footprint – equivalent to two cars parked side-by-side, freeing up much needed construction space & requiring little building stand-off
- Marr Transit System (MTS) – modular rail system that extends longitudinal reach with no loss of capacity – full operation between site limits
- Operational in winds of up to 20 m/s wind – reduced comparable downtime, weather vaning capability avoids out of service boom down & logistics required to facilitate.
LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW WE COULD ADD VALUE TO YOUR PROJECT
We work with our clients to find a solution that works – no matter how big or complex the job is. And if the right crane doesn’t already exist, we’ll build one to suit the needs of your project.