SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS FOR HIGH-RISE CONSTRUCTION
MARR’S INNOVATIVE CRANAGE SOLUTIONS HAVE REVOLUTIONISED HIGH-RISE CONSTRUCTION.
Best developed through early engagement to address the specific requirements of a project, our approach aims to safely accelerate construction and release final building elements for completion as quickly as possible.
Leveraging the benefits of Marr’s cranes on a high-rise project can facilitate significant improvements to time, cost and safety performance by:
- Enabling designers to use much larger components to minimise temporary works;
- Allowing larger precast sections and prefabricated structural steel trusses to be erected in single lifts;
- Providing greater capability to reduce the number of lifts, deliveries and resources onsite leading to faster construction with fewer cranes;
- Informing building designers of what temporary loads they need to incorporate into the permanent works of the building; and
- Informing the supply chain on how they need to plan for their deliveries and lifting requirements across the project.
UNIQUE FEATURES & BENEFITS
Our fleet of heavy lift cranes have been developed over more than 50 years’ experience working on high-rise construction with a view to constantly improving the products we offer to our clients.
- Internal 3 beam climbing system that can climb the crane 20m in under 2 hours – dramatically reducing the time lost to interactions with other trades
- Recovery Crane System that opens up the back end of the program with new options for how the last crane onsite can be removed
- Stiffer towers increase free standing height, reducing building ties by up to 50%
- Building ties can also be positioned on floor slab edge allowing building to be airtight earlier in schedule
- High-speed winches combined with high lifting capacity – increases the amount of material that can be lifted onto the project per shift
- Increased availability at height – all Marr cranes are rated to operate in wind speeds of up to 20m/second
- HVO100-compatible – up to 90% reduction in CO2 emissions when using 100% renewable diesel.
MARR’S RECOVERY CRANE SYSTEM
Developed in conjunction with our crane manufacturers, Favelle Favco, our system for dismantling and removing tower cranes from high-rise projects is an alternative approach to the more traditional method using Stiffleg Derricks cranes.
Reducing schedule risk for our clients by taking the crane interface at the back end of a project off critical path, our recovery system provides the flexibility to remove the crane at the completion of the project or handover earlier with the recovery crane still in place. This allows the main construction crane to remain on the project in a rooftop location where it has little to no effect on the finishings of the project – taking much of the angst out of the final stages of construction, especially around the commercial aspects of the project.
Our recovery fleet – including the M20R, M40R, M60R and M120R – provides all the advantages of the heavy lifting cranes used to construct a project in terms of unrestricted slew, speed and lifting capacity; but also offers a simpler, safer and more cost-effective alternative to the traditional method of climbing a crane back down the external face of the building.
And, if built into design of structure can be reused for rooftop plant replacement.
LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW WE COULD ADD VALUE TO YOUR PROJECT
We work with our clients to find a craneage solution that works – no matter how big or complex the job is. And if the right crane doesn’t already exist, we’ll build one to suit the needs of your project.