SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS FOR POWER GENERATION & RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECTS
Our innovative approach to craneage solutions for the power generation and Waste-to-Energy (WtE/EfW) sector aims to reduce the number of lifts required, resulting in:
- Fewer cranes
- Accelerated programme to commercialisation
- Lower project costs, and
- Most importantly, the platform for improved safety, higher quality and ‘greener’ construction.
Scoped to suit the individual plant size and layout of each project, Marr’s solutions support Designed for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) construction, offering:
- Increased capability to lift in:
- steam drums as a single component, thus avoiding onsite welding, heat treatment & testing.
- headers complete and boiler tube banks in larger configurations reducing onsite welding & testing
- turbine components
- Fewer cranes matched with smaller crane footprints releases laydown & onsite construction areas
- Complete site coverage with minimum impact on space
- Increased daily lifting measured in tonnage rather than the number of lifts.
UNIQUE FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High lift capacity – allowing upsized components, increased modularisation & more extensive offsite prefabrication & pre-assembly
- Long reach capability – 120m radius delivering greater hook availability over a larger area for scheduled and unscheduled lifting
- Small base footprint – equivalent to two cars parked side-by-side, freeing up much needed construction space & requiring reduced building stand-off
- Marr Transit System (MTS) – modular rail system that provides full crane capability with minimal ground preparation
- Ideally suited to the installation of large footprint buildings, the MTS offers:
- increased site coverage with minimum impact on space
- a reduction in the number of cranes required, removing site complexity
- a crane movement that tracks building progress
- Operational in winds of up to 20m/ second – increased availability in higher wind speeds and weather vane capability in extreme weather eliminates site laydown requirements
- HVO100-compatible – up to 90% reduction in CO2 emissions when using 100% renewable diesel.
LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW WE COULD ADD VALUE TO YOUR PROJECT
We work with our clients to find a craneage solution that works – no matter how big or complex the job is. And if the right crane doesn’t already exist, we’ll build one to suit the needs of your project.