SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS FOR OIL & GAS PROJECTS/ PROCESS PLANTS
WITH ALMOST 100 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE WORKING ON COMPLEX LARGE-SCALE PROJECTS AROUND THE WORLD, WE KNOW THAT THE GREATEST BENEFITS ARE ACHIEVED THROUGH EARLY ENGAGEMENT TO OPTIMISE THE CONSTRUCTION STRATEGY BY USING UNIQUE CRANAGE SOLUTIONS.
Our solutions help to:
- Reduce complexity and congestion
- Shorten project schedules
- Improve safety performance, and
- Future proof plant layouts for maintenance and shut-down works.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Reduced congestion and complexity – due to:
- reduced geotechnical ground works and engineering associated with multiple crane positions
- increased site laydown areas and modularisation options with options for where loads can be picked from
- no need for cumbersome and time-consuming super lift or adjustable counterweights
- Increased capability to lift in larger, modularised packages & pre-assemblies as a single component – due to the greater lifting capacity and reach of Marr’s heavy lift fleet
- Greater flexibility – ability to choose between site built or modularisation depending on:
- long lead equipment delivery
- site congestion
- multiple work front operations
- the ability to choose is enhanced through high volume construction lifting, long crane reach and heavy lift capacity from a single location
- De-risking delivery delays – by:
- readily adapting installation sequencing by combining reach and capacity to lift components from a single location ‘over the top’ of an already installed plant
- reducing lost time due to wind – operational in wind speeds of up to 20m/ second
- allowing out-of-sequence construction and lifting with the ability to meet day-to-day due to full site coverage
- allowing project teams to react to unscheduled lifting requirements which are the cause of delays to critical program
- Improved onsite logistics – a small footprint (equivalent to two cars parked side-by-side) frees up much needed construction space and allows the crane to be positioning in tight, congested locations – ideal for the replacement of large components on operational plants
- Improved site safety – due to:
- less congestion and crane movements
- reduced potential for lifting equipment to clash with personnel and site traffic
- Ability to design plant layouts in a more cost-efficient model – by reducing groundworks, electrical cabling and piping, our solutions help to build and maintain sites for future maintenance and shut-down works.
WE WORK WITH YOU TO FIND AN EFFICIENT ENGINEERING SOLUTION BEYOND THE CAPABILITIES OF TRADITIONAL CRANEAGE – REGARDLESS OF THE LOCATION, SIZE OR COMPLEXITY OF THE JOB.
- Marr Transit System (MTS) – a modular rail system that provides full crane capability with minimal ground preparation. Ideally suited to the installation of product streams or trains, the MTS offers:
– Increased site coverage with minimum impact on space
– A reduction in the number of cranes required, removing site bottlenecks & reducing de-rigs & re-rigs
– Superior positioning of crane solutions compared to traditional craneage avoiding the need to decommission and move cranes as the build continues
Ultimately, our proposals remove complexity from the construction solution through:
- Fewer cranes with no impact on nett hook availability
- A reduction in crane movements
- The elimination of sequencing limitations
- Simplified lift planning from an “at-height” perspective
- Increased availability and productivity.
LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW WE COULD ADD VALUE TO YOUR PROJECT
We work with our clients to find a craneage solution that works – no matter how big or complex the job is. And if the right crane doesn’t already exist, we’ll build one to suit the needs of your project.